These Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers are an addictive appetizer or snack, loaded with cheese, shrimp, and bacon. Perfect for game day!
Table of contents
- WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Stuffed Jalapeño Ingredients
- Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Supplies
- Best Way To Make Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
- How to Make Grilled Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- How To Make Baked Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
- Helpful Tips for Making Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- How much cheese do I need to make jalapeno poppers?
- Can I make jalapeno poppers ahead of time?
- How to Store Jalapeno Poppers
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
These Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers have party written all over them! They are one of those party appetizers that the entire crowd gravitates to and before you know it, the entire tray is gone!
These bacon wrapped jalapenos with cream cheese are a little spice and a whole lot of flavor! The cheese, bacon and shrimp all bring down the spice level of the jalapeño juuuuust enough that you can enjoy at least one or two, even if you aren't particularly a huge fan of spicy food.
Pro tip: Make sure to remove the seeds! If not, you'll have some extra spice in your cream cheese stuffed jalapenos.
I'm a big fan of spicy food so this is actually one appetizer I frequently order at restaurants and have tried various recipes of. I am happy to set this stuffed jalapeno recipe will give you the best poppers I've tried! Make our Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls or Sticks and some of our other appetizers and these poppers, and you could make an appetizer charcuterie board!
Some recipes focus on bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos and others on shrimp stuffed jalapenos and others still on the cheese... I can say from experience, the best poppers include all three, just as this recipe does!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy To Make
- Quick Fry & Grease-less
- Goat cheese can be used in place of cheddar if preferred
This jalapeno popper recipe includes the perfect ratio of cheese, shrimp and bacon for a party appetizer that ignites your taste buds.
I've found this is a big hit on game day in particular but they also disappear quickly any time I make them!
My recommendation is that if you're making these bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers for a crowd, make extra!
Stuffed Jalapeño Ingredients
- cream cheese
- green onion
- garlic powder
- sharp cheddar cheese
- bbq sauce
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Supplies
Best Way To Make Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
- If you're using shrimp in these homemade jalapenos poppers, begin by sauteeing them in 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil until pink on both sides. Set aside.
- Mash the cream cheese with a fork until creamy, then stir in the garlic and onion.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese.
- Fill each jalapeño half with approximately 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Do not overfill and leave room for the shrimp if you're including it.
- Wrap the popper with bacon and secure with a wooden toothpick.
- Brush with BBQ sauce.
How to Make Grilled Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
To make the jalapeno poppers on the grill, place the prepared stuffed jalapenos on a hot grill over indirect heat. Direct heat will lead to burning.
Grill for 20-25 minutes. The bacon should be crisp and the cheese melted.
How To Make Baked Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
To make jalapeno poppers in the oven, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Place the prepared popped on a pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 20 minutes. Finish with 2-3 minutes under the broil to brown if desired.
Let sit about 10 minutes before serving.
Helpful Tips for Making Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos
- A grapefruit spoon can be helpful in removing pepper seeds and ribs.
- Be careful when working with jalapeño peppers. Wash your hands and nails with warm soapy water when finished and do not to touch your mouth or nose.
- Goat cheese can be used in place of cheddar if preferred.
- For a milder version, use mini bell peppers.
How much cheese do I need to make jalapeno poppers?
The exact amount will vary based on the size of the peppers but the cream cheese and cheddar cheese should be a 1:1 ration.
Can I make jalapeno poppers ahead of time?
I recommend preparing the poppers up until the point you would cook them, if you want to prepare them in advance. If it at all possible, don't cook them in advance. You will lose the crispy bacon texture and they may become soggy. But if you want to have them prepped and ready to go, by all means do so! They will store in the fridge for a day or so before cooking.
How to Store Jalapeno Poppers
While these tasty shrimp jalapeno poppers are so addictive you'll likely eat them all, leftovers can be refrigerated. They will last 3-4 days in an airtight container.