Are you a fan of strawberry cream cheese desserts? Whip up this strawberry cake with a strawberry buttercream frosting. This strawberries and cream cheese dessert is my favorite for the spring and summer months.
Table of contents
I love this fresh strawberry cake, it is the perfect summer cake and easy to whip up.
The strawberry buttercream frosting is one you can use for cupcakes, cakes, and even slather on graham crackers for a tasty dessert as well.
Give this simple strawberry dessert a try today, and let me know what you think.
Why I Think You Will Enjoy This Strawberry Cake
- Fresh Strawberries Used
- Strawberry Layer Cake
- Homemade Strawberry Frosting
- Strawberry Cake Recipe Without Gelatin
- Great for Birthday Parties, Potlucks, Etc
- Easy to Make
- Strawberry Puree
- Strawberry Extract
- Cake Flour
- Gel Food Coloring
- Baking Powder
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Strawberries
- Heavy Whipping Cream
How to Make
- Start by preheating your oven and spray the pans and set to the side.
- Now you will work on mixing up your strawberry cake batter. Start by mixing up your eggs, strawberry puree, vanilla, extract, and food coloring.
- Then you will mix in the dry ingredients in, and slowly add in the oil and butter.
- Beat in the eggs and then pour the cake batter into the pan and bake as directed. Once done allow the cakes to fully cool.
- For the strawberry cream cheese icing, you will add ingredients into a mixer and whip it up.
- For the cake portion you will make sure you use your cake leveler to get an even layer. Then you will grab an angled spatula to smooth on the frosting.
- Work on an even spread. Then top with your other cake and repeat with frosting.
- Pipe dollops of strawberry cream cheese frosting on top, and place strawberries in the center of the cake. Serve up this homemade strawberry cake and enjoy!
Variations To The Recipe
- Consider putting chocolate-covered strawberries in the center for a chocolate-covered strawberry cake. You can use the Instant Pot double boiler method to melt your chocolate.
- Use vanilla frosting instead of strawberry if you want.
- You can make this a 9x13 if you do not want to make a layered cake.
- Buy strawberry puree or make your own homemade
Storing Your Cake
If you happen to have leftover cake it needs to be stored in the fridge for up to five days. In terms of freezing, the cake will freeze 3-4 months!
How to make strawberry puree?
Wash and remove hulls from strawberries. Place in a food processor and blend up. Then if you want to remove seeds place them in a fine-mesh strainer. Then you have your strawberry puree. That is it!
Yes, this cake needs to be refrigerated due to the fresh strawberries in the recipe.
Make cake pops, stir into ice cream, whip up french toast, etc. There are tons of ways to use cake, without eating a classic slice of cake.