When it comes to easy no-bake desserts, this Oreo Crusted Lemon Chiffon Pie is one of my favorites! With an easy Oreo crust and lemon chiffon filling, this is a delicious dessert for summer.
Table of contents
It's rare that a dessert really, truly knocks my socks off and impresses me but man, this Lemon Chiffon Pie with Oreo Crust really did it!
I've seen this called Better than Sex pie and I can definitely see why!
If you're looking for gourmet desserts that are easy to make, you definitely need to give this one a shot!
Why You'll Love This Recipe:
- It's basically the most delicious dessert in the world!
- A mouth-watering combination of lemon, mint and chocolate flavors
- No-Bake oreo crust!
- Why WOULDN'T you love a sex in a pan dessert?!
Ingredients You Will Need:
You'll need just 2 ingredients for the no bake Oreo crust and a handful for the better than sex pie filling!
For the Oreo Pie Crust:
- Unsalted butter
For the Lemon Cake Filling:
- Gelatin sheets (or unflavored gelatin envelope)
- Heavy cream
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Mint leaves
- Lemon slices
- Fresh fruit
How To Make Oreo Crusted Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Remove cream fillings from oreo cookies and put them in a food processor and blend until very fine crumbs.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, mix cookies crumbs and melted butter until they are combined.
- Pour cookie crumbs mixture into a lightly greased pan.
- Meanwhile, separate egg whites and yolks.
- Put egg yolks in a large mixing bowl, use a whisk, and beat them until thick, approximately 2 minutes. Then cook beaten egg yolks, 1 cup of sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt over medium heat until sugar dissolved completely and the mixture is thickened.
- Turn off the heat. Squeeze excess water out of gelatin sheet then put them in the mixture.
- Strain the yolk mixture through a fine sieve mesh.
- Let the mixture cool down at room temperature, about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Put egg whites in a mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until foamy. Gradually add the remaining ½ c of sugar to the egg whites.
- Transferred egg white mixture to a large, clean mixing bowl.
- Clean the mixing bowl of stand mixer before add heavy cream in. Beat heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks are formed, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Fold 1/3 of egg white mixture into the yolk mixture. When the egg white combines completely, continue to add another 1/3 of egg white mixture with ½ of whipped cream into the yolk mixture.
- Line the side of baking pan with parchment paper. Pour the chiffon mixture onto the crust.
- Refrigerate the cake until set, at least 3 hours.
- Serve the cake chill with your favorite garnish.
Tips For Making Oreo Crusted Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Take extra care that the yolks don't overcook. Scrambled eggs definitely don't make an appearance in this!
- Top with additional crushed Oreos.
- Use a combination of chocolate and lemon or vanilla oreos for some extra flavor variety.
- Give it plenty of time to set. I know it's SUPER tempting to dig into this right away but give it a minimum of 3 hours to set, up to overnight.
With a pie that's already a better than sex dessert, I don't think you realllly need to change anything. It's perfection as it is! But, you can absolutely take the Oreo pie crust from the recipe to use in others or even switch up the lemon filling to lime or anything flavor. I bet key lime would also take delicious!
You can store this no bake Oreo dessert in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just keep it covered with foil or transfer to an airtight container.
This no bake chiffon pie is not the best option for freezing, due to the egg whites in the filling. They do not hold up well when thawed, turning from light and fluffy into rubbery.