If you're craving a slice of cheesecake without the hassle of using an oven or range, then this No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake recipe is a must-try tonight! Loaded with tart glazed cherries and placed on top of a super crisp golden crust, indulge your sweet tooth with a dessert you'll simply refuse to put down.
I love recipes that are versatile, that I can enjoy year-round for various occasions. This no-bake cherry cheesecake pie is one of them. No-bake pies are my summer go-to because who wants to heat up the kitchen if you don't have to? But the bright red color also makes this perfect for the holidays!
No matter when you make it, if you love cherry pie and cheesecake, you'll LOVE this!
Table of contents
I remember the first time I took a bite into a New York Style Cheesecake.
I was out to dinner with friends, celebrating a promotion and a new home purchase, exciting!
Although in a celebratory mood, the venue was not.
For starters, there wasn't a huge selection of dessert items on the menu; and at that particular moment, the restaurant had just run out of lemon pie (which prompted me to make my own Better Than Sex Dessert Lemon Pie version, which I highly recommend you try out) and only had a cheesecake options left.
Can you believe that before then, I'd never tried cheesecake?
It was not because of the design or texture or anything like that, but it never stood out as a top contender.
When dining out, I'm a creature of habit- and when I see my favorites listed, I gravitate towards them with no hesitation.
Not this time.
I took the plunge and ordered the New York Style option to everyone's request, and after tasting the first forkful, I was sold!
The tartness of the sour cream, evenly portioned with the fresh lemon zest and vanilla extract, had me ordering another slice to-go.
Ever since that night, I've made it my mission to try my hand at creating as many of my own versions like our graham-based NO-BAKE ALMOND CHEESECAKE and this dish.
As the name states, this no-bake cherry cheesecake stands out as an alternative baking option to traditional cheesecake. Here's a few more reasons why you'll love this dish:
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This is truly a mix and set dessert! Easy to create with minimal clean-up.
- Top with canned or homemade cherry pie filling for a twist.
- Rich, creamy cheesecake filling
- Perfect for holidays!
Instead of dealing with the hassle of creating a crust and oven baking until it stiffens, you quickly mix and let it sit in the freezer.
I recommend anyone try this dish if you are craving that sweet, authentic taste of restaurant-style cheesecake, but with less hassle and more bang for your buck!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Super easy to recreate this No Bake Cherry Cheesecake. Here’s what you'll need to do:
- Cream Cheese
- Cool Whip
- Lemon Juice
- Powdered Sugar
- Prepared Graham Cracker or Baked Pie Crust
- Cherry Pie Filling, chilled
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE
No baking, no complicated techniques. This cherry cheesecake comes together in minutes!
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese, cool whip, lemon juice, and powdered sugar together until well blended. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Grab your pie crust, add in the creamed mixture, spread it out evenly, and place in the freezer for approximately 4 hours.
- Once chilled, remove from the freezer and slather on cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate until pie is ready to be served.
TIPS FOR MAKING NO-BAKE CHERRY CHEESECAKE
- Instead of cherry, this pie can be topped with any flavor favorite pie filling if preferred.
- Second, soften the cream cheese before mixing will keep it smooth and lump-free. If you are in a hurry, you can cut the cream cheese into smaller pieces to help it soften quicker.
- You can also use the pie crust recipe I shared in my no bake cheesecake recipe, if you don't want to buy one.
- Be sure the pie filling is chilled before using.
- Don't skip the lemon!
Want to switch things up a bit? You can replicate the no-bake cheesecake with any of your favorite pie fillings! Blueberry, raspberry, peaches...you can turn any of them into an easy no-bake cheesecake!
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
- NO-BAKE ALMOND CHEESECAKE
- Red Velvet Oreo Mini Cheesecakes
- No-Bake Cherry Almond Mousse Pie
- Mini Cheesecakes with Sugared Cranberries
- MINI CHEESECAKES WITH SUGARED CRANBERRIES
- No-Bake Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter and Oatmeal
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
Yes! You can freeze this no-bake cheesecake. BUT - freeze it without the cherry pie filling. Make the cheesecake as directed, allow to set in the fridge, and then double wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Defrost in the fridge and add cherry pie filling just before serving.
You can store this cherry cheesecake in the fridge for up to 4 days. If not eating immediately, hold off on adding the cherry topping. Store covered with foil or in an airtight container.
Lemon is added to no-bake cheesecake to help balance the flavor of the cream cheese. It can also react with other ingredients to help thicken the filling. It does not give the cheesecake a citrus flavor.