These Easy Mini Cheesecakes with Sugared Cranberries are the perfect single-served holiday treat. Ideal for parties and dessert trays!
Table of contents
- Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes Ingredients
- Supplies to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- How To Make Sugared Cranberries
- Making Whipped Cream For Mini Cheesecakes
- How to Assemble Mini Cheesecakes with Sugar Cranberries
- Properly Store Mini Cheesecakes
- Can You Freeze Mini Cheesecakes?
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
This holiday treat takes a classic mini cheesecake recipe and turns it into something special with sugared cranberries and a homemade whipped cream.
Cheesecake cups are one of those desserts that guests love - what's better for parties than a single-serve, grab and go dessert - that's still surprisingly easy to make.
This cheesecake cupcake recipe also comes with a bonus sugared cranberries recipe and a homemade whipped cream recipe, so you can impress everyone by making the entire recipe from scratch.
While cheesecake bites are always a fun treat by themselves, the frosted cranberry and whipped cream topping sets this recipe apart - and adds a festive holiday touch!
Of course, while I think these are an ideal holiday treat, they will be just as delicious any other time of the year too.
The sugared cranberries also add an extra bite of flavor and the tartness of the cranberries helps to balance out the other sweet ingredients.
The sweet and tart combination works so well you'll probably have trouble eating just one of these!
Since they need to cool for several hours, cheesecake cupcakes are the ideal dessert to make ahead.
While you can make them in the afternoon to enjoy after dinner, I often like to prepare them in the morning or even the night before and then just assemble them with the whipped cream and sugared cranberries a few minutes before enjoying.
If you're looking for mini cheesecakes for a crowd, these Mini Cheesecakes with Sugared Cranberries are one to try!
Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes Ingredients
- graham cracker crumbs
- unsalted butter
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- fresh cranberries
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
Supplies to Make Mini Cheesecakes
How to Make Mini Cheesecakes
- To make the crust for these mini cheesecakes, preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line a cupcake or muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop the crust mixture into the cupcake liners with a tablespoon.
- Press a flat-bottomed round cup into the crust to make it firm.
- Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake batter, beat together sugar and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Beat in the sour cream, vanilla and salt.
- Add in 1 egg at a time.
- Beat ingredients until combined well.
- Scoop 2 1/2 tablespoons of cheesecake mixture into the cupcake liners with crust.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes. The edges should be firm and very light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the mini cheesecakes to cool for a few hours in the fridge.
How To Make Sugared Cranberries
- In a small pot, bring 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water to a slow simmer. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the cranberries into the sugar water and completely coat the cranberries.
- Remove the cranberries from the water with a slotted spoon. Place on a cookie sheet and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Pour remaining sugar into a bowl.
- Toss the cranberries into the sugar a few at a time, completely coating them.
- Remove cranberries from the sugar and place into a bowl.
Making Whipped Cream For Mini Cheesecakes
- Beat all whipped cream ingredients together in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Add to a piping bag.
How to Assemble Mini Cheesecakes with Sugar Cranberries
- After the mini cheesecakes have cooled in the fridge for several hours, pipe the freshly made whipped cream on top of each one.
- Place a couple sugared cranberries on top of the whipped cream.
- Keep cool and enjoy!
Properly Store Mini Cheesecakes
While the whipped cream is best enjoyed immediately, the cheesecakes will last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just be sure to store in an airtight container.
Can You Freeze Mini Cheesecakes?
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake. In this case, prepare the cheesecake recipe as normal and stop before preparing the cranberries or whipped cream. Allow the cheesecake cupcakes to cool completely, flash freeze them on a cookie sheet, and then wrap them individually in foil and place in a freezer bag. Enjoy within 3 months.