Edible Chocolate Playdough
- Mix the frosting and 1 cup of powdered sugar together, pressing with the back of a spoon, until it creates a sticky dough.
- Continue adding powdered sugar a little at a time, kneading on a lightly sugar-dusted surface, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Store playdough in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Refrigerated dough will be stiff. Allow coming to room temperature before playing.
Many recipes for homemade plasticine circulate on the Internet. This is just one of them. It is perfect for simple modeling projects, playing with children, or decorating your cakes or desserts.
- You can also make playdough with white chocolate and food coloring to add color to your designs. The detail of this variation is that it lasts a bit longer and requires heat.
- You only need 400 g of white chocolate to melt and 200 ml of corn syrup or Karo honey (if it is very hot where you live, you can substitute glucose for honey).
- To add color you must use chocolate coloring and add it to the chocolate or to the glucose, separately, before combining them with each other. You can also buy chocolates that are sold ready with color.
- Melt the chocolate in Microwave in batches of 30 seconds until it reaches a smooth consistency. You can also melt it by cooking it in a water bath.
- The chocolate must be at 28 degrees C before including the glucose.
- Mix gently and with enveloping movements, trying not to over-beat so that the chocolate does not shed its fat. It should achieve a consistent texture, similar to playdough.
- Store in an airtight container overnight. And it's ready!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mixing Bowls with Airtight Lids, 6 piece Stainless Steel Metal Bowls by Umite Chef, Colorful Non-Slip Bottoms Size 7, 3.5, 2.5, 2.0,1.5, 1QT, Great for Mixing & Serving
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Rubbermaid Brilliance Storage 14-Piece Plastic Lids | BPA Free, Leak Proof Food Container, Clear
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram