Whether you’re a die-hard pie fan or cobbler fanatic, one thing is for sure- our decadent, melt-in-your-mouth Peach Cobbler is unbeatable in the taste department.
Easy peach cobbler will have you indulging your sweet tooth a little more than you’d care to admit (no judgment).
Table of contents
There’s been an ongoing debate amongst bakers about which one is the best dessert to create: pie or cobbler.
Now, being one who loves to indulge in both, I usually stay out of the crossfire.
However, I can say without a doubt that cobblers are my favorite when it comes to the actual processing portion.
You see, cobblers don’t have a bottom crust like pies do (and you probably had to take a second look at the photos to notice that).
This means that you remove the additional steps of mixing and blending additional flour and butter, creating a thin circular crust and allowing it to stiffen before moving on to the next step.
The bottom crust process could take 4 or more hours to complete, meaning if you are short on time (or received a last-minute order), you’re stuck without a plan of action unless you opt for the pre-made crusts (no judgment, but fresh is best).
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- You can make this cobbler crust as thick or thin as you would like it to be.
- Preparation and baking time is shorter due to the lack of bottom crust.
- If peaches are unavailable in your area, this recipe can be easily adapted for other fruits and preservatives.
- Easily halve the recipe or save some for later.
The lack of bottom crust also allows a bit more creative expression as you don’t have to worry about the middle filling sogging the bottom dough before properly baking it.
I could go on and on about this one area, but in summary, I love eating both pies and cobblers but enjoy the cobbler process best.
And with only 5 ingredients and 40 minutes, you can try your hand at this peach cobbler recipe and tell me if you’re jumping in on the pie vs. cobbler debate.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE EASY PEACH COBBLER
- Salted Butter
- Whole Milk
- Self-rising Flour
HOW TO MAKE EASY PEACH COBBLER
Begin your bread by preheating your oven to 350 F degrees.
- Add your stick of butter to the pan and place in the oven for the stick to melt.
- Next, mix together sugar, milk, and flour in a large bowl and pour your batter into a melted buttered oven pan.
- Add in your peach slices and bake cobbler for approximately 30 minutes or until you notice the crust turning into a golden-brown color.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Top with ice cream and enjoy!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you can use fresh peaches instead of canned, do so. You’ll get a bit more flavor and will stay away from any hidden additives or preservatives.
- Because the cobbler does not have a bottom crust, the dessert will cook quicker than expected, so be mindful of the cooking times for your particular oven and monitor the crust of the cobbler should it brown quicker than expected.