Looking for a Crockpot meat and potatoes recipe? Our Crockpot Taco Casserole is a family favorite, and it's also a gluten-free taco casserole, as long as you make sure to use gluten-free taco seasoning.
Table of contents
Get ready to see how to make this tasty hamburger tater tot casserole Crockpot recipe. It is so easy and tasty!
Crockpot ground beef recipes tend to be my go-to.
They are great for nights I know I won't have time to hover over the stove.
This ground beef and potato recipe is great for the whole family.
This hamburger potato casserole is a layered taco casserole that is loaded with flavor and of course cheese! Minimal prep with a big payout in flavor.
How To Make Crockpot Taco Casserole
- In a pan, you will brown ground beef until no longer pink. Add in your onion and garlic.
- In a bowl add your hash browns, taco seasoning, cheese soup, and shredded cheese. Add the hashbrown mixture to the crockpot.
- Stir in the ground beef and stir together. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Once done you can top crockpot taco casserole with some diced green onions, extra cheese, dollop of sour cream! Dive in and enjoy!
Expert Tips & Variations To Crockpot Taco Casserole
- Use ground chicken, ground turkey, etc in replace of ground beef in crockpot taco casserole.
- Use diced potatoes in replace of hashbrowns.
- Feel free to reach for homemade taco seasoning in replacement of store bought.
- Swap out the type of cheese. Pepper jack cheese would add a nice kick. Mozzarella would make it more mellow, etc.
- If you plan to serve a larger family feel free to double the recipe.
- If you need leave the cheese out, if you don't want the casserole to be extra cheesy.
- This is a great potluck potato casserole you can take to events where you need to bring a dish.
Storage and Meal Prep
You will want to store any of your leftovers in the refrigerator in the proper container.
In terms of meal prep, you can easily use leftovers to pack for lunches or a quick dinner. Just store and then reheat in the microwave. It is a quick and easy ground beef casserole that reheats really nicely. These airtight meal prep containers work great.
For freezing it can be done, but just know the hashbrowns will be softer in texture. You can freeze for 2-3 months. Then thaw crockpot taco casserole in the refrigerator and then serve or reheat the next day.
What To Serve With Casserole
This casserole can be served as a meal in one. If you want you are more than welcome to pair with a green salad, cooked vegetables, etc. Or even something like a cucumber and onions can help lighten up the taco casserole.
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
You'll want to add this Crockpot hamburger potato casserole to your meal plan. While you're working on that, take a look at these scrumptious recipes and consider adding them as well: