This crockpot buffalo chicken dip is so good! It's a Franks red hot buffalo dip recipe with the finest flavor.
Table of contents
- Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Dip
- How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- What To Serve With Dip
- How long can you eat buffalo chicken dip?
- Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip after cooking?
- Why is my buffalo chicken dip so oily?
- Why is my buffalo chicken dip runny?
- How to Shred Chicken Quickly
- How Do I Make Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip?
- Supplies Used
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
5 ingredients are all that is needed for this buffalo dip.
This Franks buffalo chicken dip is one of my favorites to serve up for a game-day snacking.
Learn how to make buffalo chicken dip in crock pot for a satisfying chicken dip.
If you have some leftover shredded chicken on hand, this is a great recipe to use it.
Toss all your ingredients in your crockpot and walk away.
A creamy and cheesy crockpot dip that is totally pleasing. This is a gluten free dip, that you can pair with crispy vegetables for a tasty dipper.
Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Shredded chicken
- Ranch Dressing
- Cream Cheese
- Wing Sauce
- Shredded Cheese
While you can use any brand wing sauce you'd like, we always make Franks Buffalo Chicken dip recipe with Frank's wing sauce.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Dump all ingredients, including the buffalo sauce, in the slow cooker.
- Cook 1 1/2-2 hours until hot and bubbly.
- Stir, and serve either right in the crock or a baking dish! You can top with chopped up green onions if desired.
See how incredibly easy this chicken dip is! It is crazy simple to throw together and serve up family and friends. You can make this Crockpot buffalo chicken dip using canned chicken, rotisserie chicken, raw chicken, or leftover chicken.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip Raw Chicken Variation
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours and then shred the chicken once it is cooked and tender.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese, mix in and cook for another hour.
What To Serve With Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Fresh Vegetables
- Baguettes or French Bread
- Pretzel Sticks
Essentially you can serve up any of your favorite dipping snacks you would like. You could do a mix of items.
How long can you eat buffalo chicken dip?
You can store your leftover chicken dip for 3-5 days. You will need to store your cheesy chicken dip in the fridge.
If you serve it up, don't let it sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. It will need to be refrigerated for at least 30 minutes before returning to serve it up.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip after cooking?
You can freeze your buffalo chicken dip after it is cooked. The biggest thing is the texture can change a bit once it is thawed from being frozen. Just mix it well, to help make it creamy again.
You can store your dip for up to 3 months. Just make sure it is placed in an airtight container.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip so oily?
You will find that some pre-shredded cheese can produce more oil than others. If you want you can take a block cheese and shred the cheese on your own.
That can be a great way to reduce the oil in your dip.
Why is my buffalo chicken dip runny?
If you find that buffalo chicken dip is runny it means you might not have enough chicken in the dish. You can stir in more cheese to help thicken it up if you do not have more chicken to add to the mixture.
How to Shred Chicken Quickly
If you have chicken that needs to be shredded you might try tossing your chicken in the KitchenAid. Then with the paddle turn on low and watch it instantly shred your chicken.
You can also use two forks to pull apart the chicken. It takes just a couple of minutes to do. Or invest in meat claws for shredding any type of cooked meats.
Our Crockpot buffalo chicken dip uses real chicken either freshly cooked, leftover from a rotisserie, or even canned chicken.
How Do I Make Dairy Free Buffalo Chicken Dip?
Make this a dairy free chicken dip with a couple of easy substitutions. Simply switch out the cream cheese and shredded cheddar cheese for Vegan cream cheese and shredded cheese. Then, make sure you also use a dairy-free ranch dressing.
- 8-quart crockpot - this is a nice size crockpot to have on hand for this recipe and others like our Mac and Cheese and salsa chicken recipes.
- Crockpot liners - don't forget to used liners to save time during cleanup.
- Silicone tongs - we used these to mix up the cheesy chicken and then also for serving.