If you're ready to ditch the oven and try a twist on a traditional American favorite, then our Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie is the perfect fit! Hearty carrots and fresh celery blended with warm cream and thick chunks of rotisserie chicken will have you wishing you'd tried this sooner! Read on to grab the recipe!
Table of contents
If you've had the chance to enjoy our Biscuit Chicken and Dumplings and looking for another dish that is equally as delicious, then you have to try this Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie!
When I first came across this recipe, I took a step back and said, 'no way!'
If you are familiar with the traditional process, chicken pot pies typically start in a saucepan, transferred into a baking dish covered with a thin breaded layer, and later baked to a beautiful golden crisp with a creamy filling.
It's a recipe dating back to Grecian times, so when I heard about baking them in a crockpot, I had to try it out for myself.
Now you may have asked yourself, can you make chicken pot pie in a crockpot?
And the answer is yes! Thousand times, yes!
For this recipe, you treat it like any other slow cooker meal, except when it comes to the golden crust we know and love, it is layered on the top at the end instead of the beginning.
For those who enjoy the crusted bottom of a chicken pot pie, we got you covered.
We suggest purchasing the flaky-layer canned biscuits and peel off a few layers once baked to place in the bottom of your soup bowl.
It is a single serving type of layering technique but will give you that traditional feeling without the breading becoming soggy and sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Paired with sparkling wine or a nice Chardonnay, this Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie is a must-try dinner option!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- A set-it-and-forget-it meal that can be made in less than 5 hours.
- Freezable and work lunch-friendly.
- A healthy alternative to store-bought options.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Rotisserie chicken
- Medium onion
- Baby carrots
- Frozen peas
- Condensed cream of chicken soup
- Onion powder
- Poultry seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- Frozen mixed vegetables
- Refrigerated biscuits
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT CHICKEN POT PIE
- Add the carrots, celery, and onions to your crockpot.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the soup, milk, and seasonings over the carrot mixture, cover, and cook on low heat for about 3 hours.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and frozen peas, stir to combine.
- Cook for an additional 1 hour.
- Bake biscuits as directed.
- Arrange the biscuits on top.
TIPS FOR MAKING CROCKPOT CHICKEN POT PIE
- You can 'pre-cook your vegetables in the skillet with a bit of oil and a pinch of seasoning. This will help reduce the cooking time if you are on a time crunch.
- When ready to add baked biscuits to the dish, you can either add them in layers or peel 2 in wide pieces and add them on top.
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
- Crock Pot Hoppin John Casserole Recipe
- Ham And Cheese Cauliflower Casserole
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Cast Iron Sausage Mac and Cheese