This easy Mac and Cheese Hamburger Helper is a skillet macaroni and cheese recipe made in a cast-iron skillet. Enjoy this creamy three-cheese mac and cheese recipe for an easy dinner tonight. It's so tasty!
Table of contents
- Can you eat mac and cheese after wisdom teeth removal?
- How to make mac and cheese in iron skillet
- Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta Instructions
- How to clean a cast iron pan
- Are there any mac and cheese festivals?
- Mac and cheese origin
- Cast iron mac and cheese variations
- Storing Mac and Cheese Hamburger Helper Leftovers and Meal Prep
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
Can you eat mac and cheese after wisdom teeth removal?
This dish is very soft in texture, so you could eat this after wisdom teeth removal. Just make sure that you dice up the beef pretty small, or opt to leave it out.
My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed and this seemed to be a great recipe to use, and she got some carbs, and protein in one dish.
How to make mac and cheese in iron skillet
Shred cheese with a grater. This cheese grater is especially handy because you don't have to worry about accidentally cutting your finger on the grater. It's a spiral grater and very easy to use.
Hamburger Helper Beef Pasta Instructions
- The first step is cooking your ground beef. You will want to chop it up, and allow it to cook. Once the beef is no longer pink drain off your grease.
- Add in your broth along with the garlic, onion, and dry pasta. You will mix up all the seasoning and simmer.
- Allow the pasta and beef to cook, stirring occasionally. After about 15 minutes check to see if pasta is becoming tender.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and cook until melted. Once done serve up this cheesy homemade hamburger mac and cheese with ground beef.
How to clean a cast iron pan
When you finish this cast iron skillet mac and cheese, save the leftovers in an airtight container.
Then, add hot water to the hot pan, and use a spoon to scrape off any excess food that is stuck in the pan.
Once the pan is removed from the food, dump out and then rinse without soap and a non-abrasive sponge.
Rinse clean, and then immediately dry the pan. Otherwise, it will begin to rust. Brush with oil all over and let the pan sit!
How to season a cast iron skillet
If you need to re-season your cast iron just know it is easy to do. First start by washing your cast iron skillet.
To wash a cast iron skillet, avoid using dish soap. Scrub with coarse salt to dislodge any stuck on food.
Then pat the skillet dry to ensure no water is standing. You need to do this to prevent the pan from rusting. Then reach for oil to rub all over your pan.
Place in the oven to season the cast iron. I do 375 degree temperature to season cast iron for 1 hour. Then turn off the oven and let the cast iron sit in the oven until it cools.
I recommend using a vegetable or canola oil as the best oil to season cast iron.
Can you season cast iron with coconut oil?
You can reseason a cast iron with coconut oil or even lard. Feel free to grab a paper towel and rub the whole pan down.
Are there any mac and cheese festivals?
Depending on where you live, you might find that your local area has a mac and cheese festival. One popular one is the mac and cheese fest!
A festival where you can learn about cheese, try all varieties of cheese, and of course nibble on mac and cheese! This is so fun to go and experience if you ever get to.
Mac and cheese origin
The origin of mac and cheese is unknown. They assume that it hails from in Northern Europe, all the way back in 1769.
Thomas Jefferson is linked to making it popular in the United States.
Kraft Foods came out with boxed macaroni and cheese when America was experiencing the Great Depression. We all are familiar with the easy cheese sauce in an easy box of mac and cheese.
You might have even had a cheeseburger macaroni using Kraft mac and cheese. Mac and Cheese Hamburger Helper is an easy and frugal recipe. It's perfect when you need to stretch a budget.
Cast iron mac and cheese variations
- Pepper Jack Mac and Cheese | Whip up a tasty pasta dish with pepper jack cheese. So yum!
- Sriracha Mac and Cheese
- Gluten Free Hamburger Helper Mac | Use gluten free macaroni noodles and cook it in beef broth for extra flavoring.
- Queso Mac and Cheese | Make a tasty macaroni cheese recipe in cast iron cookware, top it with some bread crumbs and then finish it up in the oven with some extra queso on top.
- Mac and Cheese with Tomato Sauce | Another yummy twist on traditional mac and cheese recipes.
Storing Mac and Cheese Hamburger Helper Leftovers and Meal Prep
You will want to store your leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator. You can reheat in the microwave or warm it up on the stovetop.
If you heat it up on the stove, make sure to add a splash of milk to thin it out if you need.
Then use leftovers for quick lunches for the week, or a quick dinner idea.
This one pot hamburger helper cheesy mac is just what you need. It comes together quickly and there is no need to even heat to boiling like you'd normally cook macaroni noodles.