Cranberry banana oatmeal muffins are a simple and delicious oatmeal muffin that is studded with fresh cranberries and banana flavor in every bite. A bakery-style cranberry muffin that will win over your family.
Table of contents
These banana muffins with cranberries are great to make for breakfast, mid-day dessert, or meal prep with these and make freezer muffins!
This is the perfect way to use up ripe bananas sitting on your counter.
Or pull ripe bananas you froze and let them thaw to use in this recipe!
- Baking Powder
How to Make Cranberry Banana Muffins
- Start by mashing up your ripe bananas. Then once they are all mashed you can then work on creaming together your ingredients.
- Stir in the dry ingredients until you have a nice batter. Then fold in your cranberries.
- Pour into your lined muffin tin and bake according to the recipe card below!
How To Ripen Bananas Fast
If you have bananas that are not yet ripe, you can easily ripen them by heating them up in the oven! Bake at 300 degrees for 20-40 minutes depending on the size of your bananas.
The peels will turn black and that is showing you the bananas are ripening. When all black remove from oven and allow to cool down. Then mash and mix into the batter.
Supplies Used to Make Muffins
Where to Buy Fresh Cranberries
You can find fresh berries in the produce section at your local grocery store. Depending on the season will depend if you can find fresh cranberries.
Cranberries tend to be purchased in a bag. If you can't find fresh head to the freezer section to buy frozen berries. They will work just as good. These are a great cranberry oatmeal muffin.
Storage For Banana Cranberry Muffins
You can store your muffins in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. These muffins will dry out as they sit. You can store them on the counter but due to the cranberries and bananas in the muffins I prefer the refrigerator.
Freeze your muffins for up to three months if you would like. Then thaw in the fridge overnight or place in the microwave for a quick thaw.
These easy bakery style banana muffins are awesome for packing into your child's lunch as well for a treat! Combine with our make ahead uncrustables for a delicious meal prep lunch menu.
Variations To Recipe
- Add in some chopped pecans or walnuts
- Use frozen cranberries instead of fresh
- Make these cranberry muffins with streusel topping
- Swap cranberries with blueberries or other fruit
- Double the recipe to make a larger batch of muffins for serving a crowd
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
Let me know how you like these cranberry banana oatmeal muffins!