Whip up this copycat Panera broccoli cheddar soup for dinner tonight. A creamy broccoli soup that is cheesy and addictive. Skip ordering out and make this Panera bread broccoli cheddar soup recipe.
Soup is so comforting, and this cream of broccoli soup is a favorite. If you love a simple and delicious broccoli and cheddar soup this one stands out from the rest.
Table of contents
- Why Should You Make This Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Panera broccoli cheddar soup ingredients
- How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- What can I pair with broccoli cheddar soup?
- Can I Use Frozen Broccoli
- Varieties of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Can I Make This Soup in Advance
- Craving More Delicious Recipes
Why Should You Make This Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simple ingredients
- Made with real ingredients
- Ultra Creamy
- Fresh broccoli
- Cheddar flavor
- Stores well
- Thick and creamy
Panera broccoli cheddar soup ingredients
- Cheddar Cheese
- Vegetable Stock
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
In a pan on the stove add your butter and onions. You will want to cook your butter until translucent.
Whisk in flour and stir until it is creamy and no lumps. Slowly whisk in the vegetable stock and the milk.
Add in your broccoli, carrots, and seasonings. Stir frequently to allow the vegetables to soften.
Once vegetables are softened you will then add in the cheddar cheese and stir until creamy. Then serve up this delicious homemade soup.
What can I pair with broccoli cheddar soup?
- Pair with a bread bowl
- Dinner Rolls
- Half a sandwich like a turkey or ham.
This soup is a great dish as a meal in one or you can serve along with a dinner dish. Enjoy this rich and creamy soup.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli
You are more than welcome to stir in frozen broccoli instead of fresh. The broccoli will take just a bit longer to soften as you can toss it in frozen.
Varieties of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Use chicken stock instead of vegetable. Bone broth is a healthy option.
- Swap out the cheese with a different variety. Pepperjack, Parmesan, Monterey Jack, etc.
- Stir in cream cheese at the end for an ultra-creamy and rich texture.
- Add in cauliflower for a broccoli cauliflower soup.
- Swap out dairy products with vegan items for a vegan broccoli soup.
Your broccoli cheese soup can store for a few days in the fridge. Then to reheat just stir, and reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
If you want to freeze the soup you will find it can curdle a bit as it thaws. To help get rid of the clumps whisk well as it reheats at low temperature.
Can I Make This Soup in Advance
You are more than welcome to make the soup a day in advance. Then you can just reheat the soup on the stovetop or microwave. Then serve and enjoy.