Whip up this copycat Panera broccoli cheddar soup for dinner tonight. A creamy broccoli soup that is cheesy and addictive. Skip ordering out and make this Panera bread broccoli cheddar soup recipe.
Table of contents
- Why Should You Make This Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Panera broccoli cheddar soup ingredients
- How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- What can I pair with broccoli cheddar soup?
- Can I Use Frozen Broccoli
- Varieties of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Can I Make This Soup in Advance
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
Soup is so comforting, and this cream of broccoli soup is a favorite.
If you love a simple and delicious broccoli and cheddar soup this one stands out from the rest.
Why Should You Make This Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Simple ingredients
- Made with real ingredients
- Ultra Creamy
- Fresh broccoli
- Cheddar flavor
- Stores well
- Thick and creamy
Panera broccoli cheddar soup ingredients
- Cheddar Cheese
- Vegetable Stock
- Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- In a pan on the stove add your butter and onions. You will want to cook your butter until translucent.
- Whisk in flour and stir until it is creamy and no lumps. Slowly whisk in the vegetable stock and the milk.
- Add in your broccoli, carrots, and seasonings. Stir frequently to allow the vegetables to soften.
- Once vegetables are softened you will then add in the cheddar cheese and stir until creamy. Then serve up this delicious homemade soup.
What can I pair with broccoli cheddar soup?
- Pair with a bread bowl
- Dinner Rolls
- Half a sandwich like a turkey or ham.
This soup is a great dish as a meal in one or you can serve along with a dinner dish. Enjoy this rich and creamy soup.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli
You are more than welcome to stir in frozen broccoli instead of fresh. The broccoli will take just a bit longer to soften as you can toss it in frozen.
Varieties of Cheesy Broccoli Soup
- Use chicken stock instead of vegetable. Bone broth is a healthy option.
- Swap out the cheese with a different variety. Pepperjack, Parmesan, Monterey Jack, etc.
- Stir in cream cheese at the end for an ultra-creamy and rich texture.
- Add in cauliflower for a broccoli cauliflower soup.
- Swap out dairy products with vegan items for a vegan broccoli soup.
Your broccoli cheese soup can store for a few days in the fridge. Then to reheat just stir, and reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
If you want to freeze the soup you will find it can curdle a bit as it thaws. To help get rid of the clumps whisk well as it reheats at low temperature.
Can I Make This Soup in Advance
You are more than welcome to make the soup a day in advance. Then you can just reheat the soup on the stovetop or microwave. Then serve and enjoy.