Cinnamon bread, a flavorful loaf that is as fun to prepare as it is to eat. With just a few cups of flour and pinches of cinnamon, have this Cinnamon Bread out of the oven and plated in no time! Read on to learn how.
Just imagine the surprise on your friend’s faces when you gift them this beautiful Cinnamon Bread Loaf!
Table of contents
- WHY YOU'LL LOVE CINNAMON BREAD
- WHAT YOU'LL NEED CINNAMON BREAD
- WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR THE CINNAMON SWIRL & GLAZE
- HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON BREAD
- HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY BREAD
- WHAT TYPE OF FLOUR IS BEST?
- SHOULD I SHIFT THE CINNAMON BREAD FLOUR?
- HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK?
- CAN I ADD WALNUTS OR PECANS TO THIS?
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
A welcome change from pre-wrapped blueberry or chocolate muffins, Cinnamon bread is a yummy breakfast choice that’s sure to become an immediate conversation starter.
Take a bite yourself!
Instantly you’ll taste the hints of warm cinnamon and vanilla extract.
And with adding a few walnuts or pecans into the mix, you’ll swear this cinnamon bread is some type of voodoo.
Just try not to lick your fingers in front of anyone, ok? Thanks.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE CINNAMON BREAD
- Perfect for gifting
- Refrigerator and freezer friendly
- Not overly sweet
- Reheat friendly
Whether you’re gifting this during the holidays or decide to whip this up on a week where everything’s falling apart, our warm, buttermilk cinnamon bread is a definite crowd-pleaser that’ll have everyone asking you to make more!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED CINNAMON BREAD
Along with ground cinnamon and the flour of your choice, you will need:
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Ground cinnamon
- Canola oil
- Pure vanilla extract
- Large eggs
- Brown sugar
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR THE CINNAMON SWIRL & GLAZE
To create the cinnamon swirl, you will need two (2) tablespoons of ground cinnamon and two (2) tablespoons of melted unsalted sweet cream butter.
For the Cinnamon Glaze, you will need one (1) and ½ cups of confectioners or powdered sugar, plus two (2) tablespoons of ground cinnamon with ¼ cup of milk.
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON BREAD
- Make sure that you have a few mixing bowls and whisks on hand to prepare this cinnamon bread.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a 9x5 inch loaf pan and completely cover with pam non-stick baking spray.
- Grab one medium-sized bowl and whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, kosher salt, and cinnamon. This will be your bread batter base, so make sure it is well blended before sitting aside.
- Next, grab a large bowl and whisk the buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla, and eggs until combined.
- Lastly, grab your small bowl and ground cinnamon and whisk in the melted butter until creamed.
- Grab your 9x5 inch loaf pan and pour half of the bread batter in first, then half of your cinnamon butter mix.
- Next, swirl your mixture with a knife and place the bread pan onto a cookie sheet.
- Transfer the mixture into the oven, and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes, or until your knife comes out clean.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool, and then top with the cinnamon glaze.
For complete instructions, please scroll down to the recipe card below.
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY BREAD
For your cinnamon loaf to rise and not fall flat, it's important to follow the instructions to the letter.
You also want to ensure that your temperatures are set right, as any variance from the instructions may result in a flattened bread. Especially for the batter blending, you want to ensure that all your ingredients are fresh and come to room temperature before mixing.
WHAT TYPE OF FLOUR IS BEST?
Any traditional bread or all-purpose flour works for this bread; however, I enjoy the taste of Buckwheat or Oat flour for a nice, nutty flavoring.
SHOULD I SHIFT THE CINNAMON BREAD FLOUR?
Yes! Sifting the flour will ensure that your flour is lump-free and aids in a smooth mixing process. I’ve found that if you don’t sift through, the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder clump together, and should you be mixing by hand, calls for a longer mixing time. Save yourself the trouble by sifting first and running through the flour with a fork.
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOMEMADE BUTTERMILK?
If you would like to prepare a homemade buttermilk instead of a store-bought brand, then make sure that you have fresh lemon juice and milk on hand. Combine a few teaspoons of lemon juice to your milk, and should you want a sweeter blend, add in a few teaspoons of brown sugar (which will blend well with the brown sugar inside this recipe).
For my plant-based bakers, I’ve found that mixing ¼ cup of vanilla-flavored almond milk with lemon juice or vegan butter works as well! For the butter, I melt it in the microwave for no more than 30 seconds and allow both the butter and milk to come to room temperature before mixing and adding it into my dessert.
CAN I ADD WALNUTS OR PECANS TO THIS?
Walnuts or pecans would work well with this bread and give you an even tastier nutty flavor! I suggest grinding no more than half a handful to a powder and then add into your flour mix. Then place a few halve pieces inside for presentation.
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
- CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
- PUMPKIN PECAN BREAD
- SPICED PECAN CRUMBLE PUMPKIN BREAD
- MILK BREAD ROLLS
- SWEET POTATO MAPLE BREAD