Chocolate Hazelnut Crinkle Cookies have a soft and chewy brownie textured center that makes them simply irresistible to anyone who comes in contact with them!
These snowy white hazelnut cookies are truly a sight to see.
A cross between a cookie and a nut cake, hazelnut crinkle cookies are engulfed in enough powdered sugar and dark chocolate that you'd swear you were eating a brownie if your eyes were closed!
Table of contents
With such a bright white exterior it's pretty easy to see why these cookies would become holiday favorites.
But it's not just on appearance alone. Chocolate hazelnut crinkle cookies are the epitome of luxury and are downright satisfying with every bite.
When I first made these cookies, I broke the first cardinal rule of dough preparation: allow the dough to rest.
The rest period is needed so that the crinkle cookie dough has a chance to stretch out and level a bit.
Think of artisan bread.
Before placing it inside the oven, it is highly recommended that you allow the dough to 'rest' for a few hours to give it a chance to spread and settle.
Chocolate hazelnut crinkle cookies work in the same way.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CRINKLE COOKIES
- Low sugar content even with the added confectioner's sugar
- Less than 20 minute cook time
- Freezer safe
- Perfect for holiday parties, corporate potlucks and family trips.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- Hazelnuts, finely chopped
- Dark chocolate, finely chopped
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking powder
- unsalted butter, softened
As well as vanilla extract, confectioner's sugar, and the usual trio: sugar, eggs, and milk.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CRINKLE COOKIES
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add 1 egg and melted chocolate. Beat until well combined. Add milk and vanilla, beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in chopped nuts.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Roll the dough into balls and then coat generously with powdered sugar. Place on the baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Click on the recipe card below to review the full recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT CRINKLE COOKIES
- Chocolate chips - switch to milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even peanut butter chips.
- Hazelnuts - Any kind of nut could work here. Try pistachios, walnuts, cashews, macadamias, almonds, peanuts for just a few ideas.
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
- WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES
- NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE
- RED VELVET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES - RED VELVET COOKIES
- WISCONSIN OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL WITH HOMEMADE SIMPLE SYRUP
- MINI CHEESECAKES WITH SUGARED CRANBERRIES