Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake is the perfect celebratory dessert for birthdays, graduations, and holidays! With a rich and distinctive blend of brown sugar, chocolate chips, and warm vanilla extract, this cookie cake will have you savoring each and every sweet moment for years to come.
Nothing says relaxing with the family like food and desserts.
And if your family is like most, desserts are a big deal.
Table of contents
Food is a bonding tool, and cakes of all kinds have been that glue to many family events.
Cookie cakes, in particular, have been a long-held surprise gift for celebrations ranging from birthdays, baby showers, and personal milestones.
And with more and more people choosing to find a homemade, authentic alternative to the store-bought versions, we figured why not jump in and try our hand at creating this delicious treat.
Thus our chewy chocolate chip cookie cake was born.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
- Easy-to-find ingredients
- Less than an hour of total cook time
- Freeze safe for up to three (3) months
- Can create vegan, and plant based versions of this cake
As the name suggests, cookie cakes are cookies baked into the shape of a cake.
Usually about an inch or so thick, cookie cakes have been prepared by bakeries going back as far as the 18th century.
Cookie cakes, in my opinion, are an equal balance of comfort and ease.
There's just enough firmness to take them on the go with you during a busy day but has the right amount of sugar and butter content to feel like you're getting a nice tight hug.
At least that's what we were aiming for anyway; and after a couple of whips in your mixer, we're hoping that's exactly what it gives you.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Unsalted butter (softened)
- brown sugar
- cream cheese (softened)
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- semisweet chocolate chips
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
- In a stand mixer, with the whisk attachment, combine butter, cream cheese, sugars, egg, and vanilla and beat for approximately 5 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl and slowly add the flour, cornstarch, baking sode, and salt while stirring.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir slowly with a mixer or fold in by hand.
- Cover the dough with beeswax wrap or plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a springform pan or baking dish.
- Spread the dough evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Bake about 10-15 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
When finished, it will be ready to decorate with what corresponds, you can put a glaze and colored sprinkles, some chocolate noodles, some congratulatory letters, some candles … Bon appetit!
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CAKE
- When setting dough in the oven to bake, we recommend dividing the time up in half betweent the bottom and lower rack. This will allow the dough to bake all the way through (since it is almost an inch thick), but not scorch the bottom of the pan while awaiting the top to set.
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
- RED VELVET OREO CHEESECAKE MINI DESSERTS
- IRISH APPLE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY BANANA CAKE
- STRAWBERRY CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM FROSTING