When you’re looking to add more spice to your holiday gatherings, this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is hands down the best bet. Impress your family and friends with one of the most memorable pies of the holiday season.
I can’t say enough good things about Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie!
Table of contents
Straight out the oven, this sweet cream delight is a sharp and flavorful dish that adds just enough boldness to stake its claim as the best dessert option on the menu.
Oh, and did I mention it has bourbon?
For those of you who enjoy the loftier treats of life, the warm flavors of bourbon whiskey and chocolate ganache make this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie both a classy refreshment- and an exciting conversation starter.
What’s in this? Might be the kick-off question after a forkful or two.
And between you and me, you could either offer up a cleverly crafted response.
Or, turn it into a game worth bringing out the scorecards.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE
- Simple to make
- Freezer safe
- Re-heat friendly
- Easy-to-find ingredients
There’s nothing you want more during the holiday season than to be surrounded by the ones you love.
And after a taxing few months of catering to everyone else’s needs, it’ll be nice to sit back, prop up your feet, and indulge in this decadent dessert.
So, whip out your wooden spoons and put on your stretch pants because after making a few batches of this pie, you’ll want to eat the remaining batter.
One of the best parts of baking.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED FOR CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE
- Pie crust
- Light corn syrup
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pecans, chopped
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE
- Begin by preheating the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Next, grab both a medium-sized saucepan and a large bowl to prepare your batter.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine your sugar, corn syrup, and butter together, and heat until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, remove from heat and set to the side- away from any heated eyes.
- Combine your egg, bourbon, vanilla, and salt in your large bowl and stir until well blended.
- When both the corn syrup mixture has cooled, and your egg mixture is blended, incorporate them both together and add your chocolate chips and pecans.
- Grab your pie shell and fill it with your wet ingredients.
- Place in the oven for approximately 50 minutes before allowing to cool.
For complete instructions, please scroll down to the recipe card below.
HOW TO PREPARE THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
Now it’s time to prepare my favorite part- chocolate ganache!
With an incredible sweet tooth, I could eat chocolate ganache every day if I could.
You will need ½ cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, and 1 large disposable piping bag for this topping.
- Start by melting down your semi-sweet chocolate chips. You can do this in a microwave-safe bowl or with a candy melting pot.
- Next, grab a small pot or saucepan and pour in your heavy whipping cream. Allow it to come to a simmer before removing the heat and adding to your melted chocolate chips. Don’t stir yet!
- Give the mixture a chance to cool – this usually takes approximately 1 minute- before whisking it smooth.
- After whisking, gift the ganache another minute or two to cool and then scoop into your piping bag.
- Cut the tip of your piping bag to spread on top of your pie, and you’re ready to get started!
USING LIGHT CORN SYRUP
We use 1 cup of light corn syrup to add a bit of sweetness to this dish. However, should you not have any on hand or would rather use something else, a cup of honey or agave nectar works well.
If you’d like to use regular maple table syrup, I suggest cutting it down to ¾ cup and do a taste check at the ½ cup mark. You don’t want it to be overly sweet, or you’ll run the risk of giving you and your guest a headache before the night is over.
And if you have neither agave nectar, maple syrup, or honey, then using 1 cup of sugar to ¼ cup warm water works too.
TIPS FOR MAKING CHOCOLATE BOURBON PECAN PIE
You can prepare this pie the night before and store it in the refrigerator before serving.
Raspberries and strawberries would be excellent options for toppings, as well as pairing this pecan pie with chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
This pecan pie is also freezer friendly, but make sure to pre-slice it first and individually wrap, before storing it in an air-tight container.
ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
- NO-BAKE CHERRY ALMOND MOUSSE PIE
- OREO CRUSTED LEMON CHIFFON PIE
- NO-CHURN CANDIED CHERRY ICE CREAM
- EASY PEACH COBBLER
- EGGNOG PIE WITH A GINGER CRUMBLE