Talk about a great new twist on an old favorite. Quesadillas, who doesn't love them? No matter if they're oven-baked or deep-fried, one thing's for sure- quesadillas are here to stay! So why not whip out your onions and cheese and try out our Chicken Quesadilla Rings that we're sure your entire family will enjoy.
Table of contents
Whether you're putting a twist on taco Tuesday or just looking to try something different, you can't go wrong with a good chicken quesadilla.
Now I'm not going to lie, when I first heard about chicken quesadilla rings, I was skeptical. "How," I questioned, "do I make a chicken quesadilla ring?".
If you're a quesadilla foodie like myself, then you already know that the traditional version is typically flat with an inner filling.
So when I heard it would be circular, I was attempting to picture it in my mind—overthinking it?
Yes, yes, I did.
For this recipe, the trick to getting it into a 'ring' shape is to roll the filled quesadilla into a circle shape- think a fancy dinner napkin- and pinch one end so that it sets.
Afterward, you allow it to cook, and from there, it retains the shape.
After giving it a try, I can vouch that this recipe is really easy and simple to make.
Give it a try!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE CHICKEN QUESADILLA RING
- Versatility in filling and spices
- Easy and super simple to prepare
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Flour Tortillas
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Sweet Onion
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Chi Chi's Salsa
- Minced Garlic
- Taco Seasoning
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN QUESADILLA RING
Set your oven to 350 degrees F and follow along to create our gooey chicken quesadilla ring:
- Heat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet/cookie sheet with Parchment paper and set aside.
- Pull both the Rotisserie Chicken onions, chop both, and mix.
- Grab the tortillas and lay them out flat in a circle, and fill with chicken and onion mixture.
- Sprinkle tortillas with cheese and roll into a cone shape, having a pointed end towards the center of the circle.
- Mix butter, garlic, and taco seasoning and pour over tortillas.
- Place tortillas in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa, refried beans, and taco sauce. Enjoy!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- The type of tortilla you choose will make a difference to the taste. Corn, flour, and beetroot tortillas are all good for this recipe.
- Prevent your rotisserie chicken from drying out after shredding by wrapping it in aluminum foil.