Cast Iron Primavera Casarecce
- 1 lb casarecce pasta - or your favorite pasta
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup snap peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz prosciutto or ham, chopped small
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil pasta as directed on package, drain, and set aside
- In a skillet, saute prosciutto or ham and shallot for about 3 minutes
- Add in garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 1 minute
- Stir in cream, stock, and mustard
- Add in veggies and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Add in drained pasta, toss until combined
- Finish with fresh parmesan cheese if desired
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
The good thing about this pasta is that you can use any vegetable, it doesn't have to be the same as this recipe. It is perfect as a useful recipe when you have vegetables that are going to spoil or a small amount that you do not know what to do with.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cook N Home 4-Piece 8 Quart Multipots, Stainless Steel Pasta Cooker Steamer
2 Pieces Stainless Steel Spaghetti Server Set, 9.4 Inch Stainless Steel Spaghetti Pasta Tong, 13.6 Inch Pasta Spoon Server Fork, Heat Resistant Serving Tong Spoon for Noodles Pasta Baking Cooking
ZYLISS Susi 3 Garlic Press "No Need To Peel" - Built in Cleaner - Crusher, Mincer and Peeler, Cast Aluminum
Rachael Ray 87631-T Cucina Hard Anodized Nonstick Skillet with Helper Handle, 14 Inch Frying Pan, Gray/Red
Wooden Spoons for Cooking,Nonstick Kitchen Utensil Set,Wooden Spoons Cooking Utensil Set Non Scratch Natural Teak Wooden Utensils for Cooking(Teak 8 Pack)
Modern Silicone Spoon Rest | Kitchen Utensil Holder | Quality Material | BPA Free | Counter Spatula Holder | Stovetop Spoon Rest (Set of 3)
MOSFiATA 8" Super Sharp Professional Chef's Knife with Finger Guard and Knife Sharpener, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN1.4116 with Micarta Handle and Gift Box
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram