If you're looking for Christmas brownie ideas, these Brown Sugar Candy Cane Brownies topped with our decadent frosting are a delicious option to try out! They are a simple festive treat, perfect for Christmas cookie trays.
Table of contents
If you're wondering what to do with leftover candy canes, these Candy Cane Brownies and this Candy Cane Frosting are the answer!
When it comes to delicious desserts at Christmas, a batch of these Candy Cane Brownies topped with my Frosting may be the most festive treat you will make.
These chocolate brownies are surprisingly easy to make and the peppermint flavor is infused throughout the entire dessert.
So not only do these look festive, they taste it too!
If you've done any baking at all, then you likely have everything you need to recreate these delicious treats, as they use pretty standard baking ingredients.
That said, if you choose to make candy cane brownies with the mix, skip to the final two steps and simply add the peppermint frosting.
But delicious treats abound during the holidays so I highly encourage making the full recipe from scratch.
While boxed brownies are delicious, they just don't compare to these.
To see the peppermint frosting for brownies recipe that I used, just click here to see my Candy Cane Frosting recipe.
These two recipes complement each other in the best way, with each bite filling your mouth with a sweet peppermint and chocolate flavor combination.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Ingredients For Making Candy Cane Brownies
- Unsalted sweet cream butter
- Canola oil
- Light brown sugar
- Pure peppermint extract
- Cocoa powder
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Peppermint candy
How To Make Candy Cane Brownies
- To make this festive bake, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 pan.
- Melt the butter then whisk together the butter, oil, and sugars.
- Whisk in the eggs and peppermint extract.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the candy cane brownie batter to the greased pan. Top with crushed candy canes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and then top with Candy Cane Frosting.