This chocolate stuffed Andes Mint Cupcakes recipe will always be on the top of my favorites list of Andes Mint recipes. These stuffed cupcakes have it all: chocolate, candy filling, and a decadent frosting that is insanely scrumptious.
Table of contents
It took a little while to figure out how much to fill cupcakes for this Andes Mint Cupcake recipe, because I didn't want to go overboard with the candy.
So, I decided to put just a teaspoon or so of chopped Andes candy pieces into the center of the cupcake and then top the frosted cupcakes with even more candy to decorate them.
If you're looking for more party treats, you might enjoy these bite size chocolate truffle cake balls.
Are Andes Mints Gluten-Free?
Andes mints ARE gluten free! Which means, with a few substitutions for the cupcake recipe, you could totally make this recipe into an indulgent gluten free stuffed cupcake recipe.
How Much Do You Fill Cupcake Liners To?
Chocolate filled cupcakes are an amazing treat. These are especially good to serve as a birthday or holiday treat.
The cupcake recipe for these Andes Mint Chocolate Cake cupcakes is very straightforward. Follow the directions in the recipe below, and mix up the cupcake batter.
Then, you'll fill each cupcake liner 2/3's of the way full and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cupcake comes out clean.
Topping And Filling For Andes Mint Cupcakes
The topping and filling for our stuffed chocolate cupcakes seems very indulgent, and calorie wise they certainly are. However, the recipe itself is easy and very straightforward.
After that, decorate the top of the cupcakes with shaved chocolate and drizzled white almond bark that you've mixed with green food coloring.
Supplies Needed To Make Andes Mint Cake Filled Cupcakes
- 12 count muffin pan | If you don't already have one on hand, a cupcake or muffin pan is used for so many recipes, including mini-meatloaf.
- Cupcake liners | Stay prepared for baking days with a stack of cupcake liners in your baking cabinet.
- Batter dispenser | This handy dispenser helps to reduce a mess while making cupcakes. It also works great for making pancakes.
- Piping bag | Keep a few piping bags around, because they are so useful for decorating cakes, cookies, candy and cupcakes.
- Cupcake corer | This cupcake corer is essential for a uniform hollowed our center for making cupcakes with a surprise inside. Stuffed cupcakes have never been better.
- Cupcake storage container | Keep your stuffed to perfection cupcakes fresh with this container. It makes it easy to store cupcakes in the fridge and then take them with you to events.
Stuffed Cupcakes Cupcake Filling Ideas
If you're trying to figure out how to fill cupcakes, filling the cupcakes with candy pieces is a great idea. You could also fill them with a chocolate ganache, or a different type of candy.
Could I Use Andes Mint Baking Chips?
You could totally use Andes mint baking chips instead of the regular Andes mint candies. In fact, you could do a twist on this recipe and use Andes peppermint chips instead.