Air Fryer Blooming Onions are a battered and air-fried onion that is similar to the famous Outback Blooming Onion. The perfect air-fried appetizer to serve up your family or friends.
Table of contents
Skip the air fryer onion rings and dress up your dinner table with this airfryer blooming onion recipe.
Skip the fried food and create a bit of a healthier version of your fried onion that is battered in seasoned flour!
You will love this blooming onion in air fryer.
No need for the excess oil, let me share how simple and tasty this air fryer appetizer can be.
Why You Will Love This Airfryer Blooming Onion Recipe
- Simple Ingredients
- No Excess Oil
- Copycat Outback Recipe
- Similar to Texas Roadhouse Bloomin Onion
- Crispy outside batter
- Great appetizer or side dish
- Quick cook time
Ingredients For Airfryer Blooming Onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Tony’s Chachere (optional)
Supplies Used to Make Onion Blossom
How to Make Airfryer Blooming Onions
- Cut and peel the first layer of the onion off.
- In a bowl add your flour and spices and mix.
- Then in another bowl add your egg and milk and whisk till combined, and set aside.
- Now you will cut your onion into strips without going all the way through. You want the onion to hold shape as you slice into it.
- Dip in wet, now flour, and repeat wet and flour again.
- Place the blooming onion in the air fryer and air fry as directed in the recipe card.
- Once done pair with your favorite sauce and dive in.
Best Onion To Use For Blooming Onions
Not all onions are created equally. You will find that yellow and white onions can be a bit overpowering in flavor. So reach for a Vidala as it is mild with a hint of sweetness as it air fries up.
If you do use a different variety of onions know that it will alter the overall flavor and outcome of the blooming onion.
How to Reheat A Blooming Onion
If you don't eat all your onion right away, you can save the leftovers and place in the fridge for up to two days.
Then to reheat you can toss in the microwave for a quick reheat. Or for a better reheat, toss back in your air fryer. It will help to crisp up the outside of your batter.
How Do Air Fryers Work
Air fryers use hot air to circulate all around the food crisping it up as if it was deep fried in oil. You can use your air fryer to be an alternative to frying food, baking desserts, casseroles, and more.
An air fryer offers so many uses, that you will love all you make in it. No need to let the oven preheat, just use your air fryer for a quick and easy cooking time!