Whip up these air fryer mozzarella balls or sticks for your appetizer or side dish for dinner tonight. Breaded fresh mozzarella air fried to crunchy and cheesy perfection.
This air fried mozzarella is so incredible.
The breading gets nice and crunchy, the cheese is perfectly melted, and it melts in your mouth.
Pair with marinara or ranch sauce for dipping and enjoy!
This air fryer appetizer is one that will please!
Table of contents
- How To Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls
- Can I Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls Gluten Free?
- Supplies Used To Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls
- Can You Cook Frozen Mozzarella Sticks In Air Fryer
- What Size Of Air Fryer Do I Need
- Can You Put Aluminum Foil In Air Fryers?
- How To Preheat An Air Fryer
- Best Oil For Air Fryers
- Air Fryer Pros And Cons
- How Long To Cook Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer?
- Can You Store Leftover Air Fried Mozzarella Balls?
- How To Make Keto Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks?
- ADDITIONAL RECIPES TO TRY
How To Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls
- Start by slicing up your cheese.
- Pat dry the cheese, bread, and then air fry as directed in the printable recipe card below!
- Just know, depending on the size of sticks, the cooking time can vary a bit. So always check on your sticks.
- Mozzarella log
- Plain Panko crumbs
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
Can I Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls Gluten Free?
If you are gluten-free, you can change up for a gluten-free breading, and it will work just as well! Follow the same directions and enjoy a gluten-free fried mozzarella!
Supplies Used To Make Air Fryer Mozzarella Balls
- Power xl Air fryer recipes in this appliance are among our favorite. It has great reviews and does an amazing job.
- Condiment bowl - serve fried cheese with an assortment of condiments in these bowls.
- Olive oil spritzer - use this to lightly spray the food before cooking it.
- Air fryer parchment paper - perfectly sized to fit in the basket.
- Air fryer accessory set - a perfect set of accessories to get started with this recipe and more.
Placing parchment paper in your fryer when you are frying something that has breading helps it from falling into the bottom.
Be careful as they cook to make sure the cheese doesn't drip out as it cooks and melts.
It is always good to check the fried sticks or patties to ensure they are not overcooking.
You don't want the fried mozzarella balls to burn.
Serve with authentic Italian marinara sauce! Delish!
Can You Cook Frozen Mozzarella Sticks In Air Fryer
Absolutely! If you have frozen mozzarella sticks, you will skip the prep on this recipe and go right into cooking them, as listed below in the recipe card.
You can also flash freeze the mozzarella medallions and then put them in a freezer-safe container they are ready to pop into the fryer for a quick snack or appetizer.
How Long To Cook Frozen Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer
Follow the cooking time listed on this recipe. You might need to add a couple of minutes to the cooking time, but that's all. Frozen food is very convenient that way.
To save on clean up time, put aluminum foil in the bottom of the air fryer. Set the temperature on the fryer and get ready for a tasty snack.
What Size Of Air Fryer Do I Need
You are welcome to use any size. The biggest thing is you will need to batch cook your mozzarella medallions. You do not want your cheese sticks to touch.
That way, you get an even crispy coating. But whether you have a smaller fryer with a basket or a fryer oven. They all work great.
|What size air fryer for a family of 2?||2-3 quart|
|What size air fryer for a family of 4?||5-quart or higher capacity|
|Best air fryer under $100.00?||We like the Innsky Air Fryer XL, 5.8 QT|
Can You Put Aluminum Foil In Air Fryers?
We get a lot of questions asking can you put tin foil in an air fryer. You can, but it needs to be done carefully.
How to use foil in a fryer - place food on a small amount of aluminum foil. Be sure there is room for air to circulate, that the foil does not stick out, and that the foil cannot get near the heating element.
How To Preheat An Air Fryer
This completely depends on the model of the fryer that you have. Some require preheating, while others need to heat up for 5-10 minutes before cooking.
Look at the owner's manual for the air fryer model that you have and follow those heating instructions.
Best Oil For Air Fryers
The best oils to use in your fryer are avocado oil, extra light olive oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil. The trick is to lightly spray the food you are cooking with an oil mister.
Air Fryer Pros And Cons
|Healthier food.||Takes up space.|
|Easy to use.||Have to fry in batches.|
|Versatility.||Some have quality issues.|
|Quicker, more efficient cooking.||Learning curve.|
How Long To Cook Mozzarella Sticks In The Air Fryer?
You will cook your mozzarella sticks for around 8 minutes in the fryer. But depending on the size and how your fryer heats, the cooking time will vary!
Can You Store Leftover Air Fried Mozzarella Balls?
These mozzarella balls are best served fresh. The reason being is they will sog up like any other fried food.
You can store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days. Eat cold, or I recommend tossing them back in the fryer to warm them up. This will help to bring out more of the crispy texture again.
How To Make Keto Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks?
You can use crushed pork rinds as the breading instead of breadcrumbs if you want to make a keto mozzarella stick.
Bread well with the pork rinds to coat your cheese sticks! Then pair with a keto marinara sauce for dipping. Low carb mozzarella sticks are a keto friendly snack. Sprinkle with extra Italian seasoning for more flavor.